- A young professional who wants to connect?
- Looking for a MENTOR but not sure where to start
PRESENTING – interVivos Spring 2014 Mentorship Program:
- 15-20 protegés such as yourself are introduced to 15-20 potential mentors at our pairing event on May 14, 2014 at 5:30 pm.
- 4 minute conversations are had so each mentor can discuss goals and expectations with you.
- At the end of the pairing event, mentors and protégés select their top 5 choices confidentially and interVivos notifies participants of pairings within 2 weeks. Note—there is a very small chance of going unpaired.
- Mentors and protégés agree to meet a minimum of 3 times for 1 hour over the 6 month program (June-November 2014).
- An informal contract is signed at the pairing event by mentors and protégés.
- interVivos performs check-ins throughout the process.
- Protégés pay a one-time fee of $40 that covers the cost of running the program.
DETAILS OF PAIRING EVENT:
- Date: Wednesday, May 14, 2014
- Time: 5:30 to 8:00pm
- Location: The Pint off Whyte (8032 104 Street)
- Light snacks will be provided.
RSVP today – spots for this program fill up fast!
1. Amanda Vella is the Director of Finance, Business Planning and Performance Improvement at Canadian North. Her goal in becoming a mentor is to offer someone else the same benefit she has received from her mentors. Her preferred mentor/protégé activity is wine at OJs. Her favourite thing about YEG is the river valley.
2. Bill Craig is the Director/Co-found of Genuine Wealth Inc. and Craig & Kumar Management Consulting Inc. His goal in becoming a mentor is to share his experiences with an up and coming professional. His preferred mentor/protégé activity is a coffee at Wild Earth Café or a meeting at his downtown or home office. His favourite thing about YEG is the people, opportunities and quality of life.
3. Eric Petersen is a Financial Planner with Prosperity Engine Inc. His goal in becoming a mentor is to share his experiences with someone motivated to put what he learned to work. His preffered mentor/protege activity is grabbing a coffee or lunch at a small, local establishment. His favourite thing about YEG is how we still have a small town friendliness even though we are becoming a large city.
4. Gilles Prefontaine has a few positions, including: Councilor with the City of St. Albert, School of Business instructor with MacEwan University, Chair of Junior Achievement and Entrepreneur. His goal in becoming a mentor is to share his experiences and perspectives with young professionals seeking to make a difference in our community. His preferred mentor/protégé activity is a glass of red wine at Privada in St. Albert. His favourite thing about YEG is the strong entrepreneurial spirit.
5. Grant Lovig is currently semi-retired and was previously President of Company's Coming Publishing Limited. His goal in becoming a mentor is to encourage young, would-be entrepreneurs to build successful businesses. Grant also expects to gain fresh new insights during the interaction. His preferred mentor/protege activity is coffee and cinnamon buns at the Sugar Bowl. His favourite thing about YEG is cycling the river valley.
6. Grant Marsden - bio forthcoming
7. Jacqueline Biollo works with the Edmonton Police Service and a Songbird's Solo, Executive Management Consulting. Her goal in becoming a mentor is to help a protégé identify a different perspective about options and alternatives, and be strategic about their choices. Her preferred mentor/protégé activity is whatever is comfortable and convenient for both. Her favourite thing about YEG is the endless possibilities no matter what your interests are.
8. Justin Archer is the Managing Director of Berlin Advertising and Public Relations. His goal in becoming a mentor is to share some of what he has learned with others. His preferred mentor/protege activity is coffee at Credo/Cavern or Lunch at Mercer/Blute Plate Diner. His favourite thing about YEG is any day it isn't freezing.
9. Karen Lynch is a consultant to provincial non-profit organizations in addition to her work with ATB. An experienced mentor and protégé, Karen is looking to continue sharing her experiences with a new protégé. Her preferred mentor/protégé activity is carrot cake at Vi's For Pies or Saturday brunch at La Dauphine. Her favourite thing about YEG is living in the river valley, libraries that defy the expected architecture, summer festivals and long spring nights.
10. Lynn Wyton - bio forthcoming
11. Mack Male is a Product Development Manager at Questionmark Computing Ltd. An experienced protégé, Mack is looking to return the favour of his many mentors and has a lot to offer about Edmonton, social media, technology, politics, and business. His preferred mentor/protégé activity is coffee at Credo or anywhere downtown. His favourite thing about YEG is the spirit and energy captured by Make Something Edmonton!
12. Mary Sturgeon is the Executive Director of Make Something Edmonton. In addition to her many years of experience in communications and marketing, Mary's job has given her an outlook on Edmonton that is quite far-reaching. Her goal in becoming a mentor is to share these experiences as well as learn from her protégé. Her preferred mentor/protégé activity is coffee or a cocktail after work. Her favourite thing about YEG is the way people befriend you immediately.
13. Scott Gordon is the VP of Sales and Product Development at Press'd The Sandwich Company. His goal in becoming a mentor is to help a young and ambitious up and comer carve a path for themselves with the knowledge and experience he has gained along the way. His preferred mentor/protégé activity is a coffee shop downtown or on Whyte Ave. His favourite thing about YEG is the people.
14. Scott Riddell a branch manager with ATB Financial. His goal in becoming a mentor is to act on his belief in education by sharing his experiences with a protégé. His preferred mentor/protégé activity is a one on one coffee or lunch meeting at his bank branch or close by. His favourite thing about YEG is the different seasons.
15. Vieri Berretti is the owner of The Mongolie Grill and does many roles in the organization, including providing the vision and plan to achieve it. His goal in becoming a mentor is to learn as much from the protégé as they hope to learn from him. He is happy to meet anywhere for the mentor/protégé meet ups. Since it's his hometown, he loves everything about YEG.